Sydney is temperate and sunny all year. With seasons reversed in the Southern Hemisphere, October is the second month of spring in Sydney. This means temperatures are gradually increasing along with sunshine. The average daytime temperatures in Sydney in October are around 18°C while high temperatures can hit peaks of 22°C on warmer days.
Decimal currency is used in Australia - units are dollars and cents. Current exchange rates can be obtained from your bank. All major credit cards are widely accepted in Australia.
The electrical supply is 240 volts, 50Hz. The connection for appliances is a flat, 3-pin plug of unique design. Most hotels provide 110 volt outlets for shavers.
English is spoken throughout Australia and is the official language for the Congress.
A Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10% applies to all consumer goods, and is included in retail prices.
Service charges are not added to accounts by hotels and restaurants. You may tip hotel porters and restaurant wait-staff (up to 10% of the bill) if you wish to acknowledge exceptional service. At any time, tipping is your choice.
From the airport
The Congress does not provide any transfers from the airport to the Congress venue or hotels. All delegates must make their own transport arrangements from the airport.
Travel and Health Insurance
We strongly recommend that you take out insurance policies to cover medical and travel expenses. If necessary, consult your travel agent.
Wheelchair access, or other mobility disability access, during Congress
When you register, please notify the Congress Secretariat of mobility disabilities you have, so any venue access challenges can be addressed.
- Call for abstracts open Monday 11 February 2019
- Registration open 1 May 2019
- Abstract submission deadline Wednesday 31 July 2019
- Abstract notifications23 August 2019
- Early bird registration closes30 September 2019
- Speaker /Presenter registration deadline Monday 30 September 2019
- Standard registration deadline 1 October 2019 – 24 January 2020
- LATE registration deadline 25 January 2020 - 12 February 2020
- Accommodation booking deadline Friday 20 December 2019