The World Congress on Oils and Fats (WCOF2020) will be held at the International Convention Centre Sydney, Australia from 9 – 12 February 2020. WCOF 2020 will be co-hosted and delivered by three societies; The Australian Oilseeds Federation (AOSF), The Australian Olive Association (AOA) and The Australasian Section of the American Oil Chemists Society (AAOCS).
Australian Oilseeds Federation
The Australian Oilseeds Federation Inc. (AOF) was established in 1970 to represent the common interests of all Australian oilseed industry participants and to promote the development, expansion and improvement of Australian oilseed production. The AOF represents players across the total oilseed supply chain including:
- Service Providers / Research, Development & Extension
- Traders/Marketers (domestic and export)
- Processors (crushers, refiners, manufacturers)
The Australian Olive Association
The Australian Olive Association (AOA), formed in 1995, is the national peak industry body representing Australian Olive Growers. The AOA has an experienced Board of Directors consisting of small, medium and large growers along with other Directors coopted for their relevant experience and expertise. The AOA is funded by membership and occasional Government Grants.
The AOA is responsible for setting and maintaining quality standards for Australian products which is achieved by growers joining the Australian Code of Practice (COP), which complies with the Australian Standards for Olive Oil and Olive Pomace Oils (AS5264-2011), and the Voluntary Industry Standard for Table Olives in Australia (RIRDC 12-111).
The Australasian Section of the American Oil Chemists Society
AOCS advances the science and technology of oils, fats, proteins, surfactants and related materials, enriching the lives of people everywhere. The Australasian Section is a group that has been working for over 2 decades to support the oils and fats science/industry in this region.
As an international professional organisation, we:
- Provide current and emerging information and disseminate research results in oils, fats, lipids, proteins, surfactants and related materials, through our meetings, publications, and web presence;
- Develop and uphold methods of analysis used in global trade and research, conduct proficiency testing, provide reference materials, and coordinate with other standards developers including ISO and Codex Alimentarius;
- Facilitate and strengthen interactions among professionals through meetings, specialised interest groups and other networking opportunities; and,
- Collaborate with other scientific societies and related organisations to promote the advancement of science.
- Call for abstracts open Monday 11 February 2019
- Registration open Monday 8 April 2019
- Abstract submission deadline Friday 12 July 2019
- Abstract reviews Monday 15 July – Monday 19 August 2019
- Abstract notification period 19-23 August 2019
- Early bird registration 8 April - 30 September 2019
- Speaker /Presenter registration deadline Monday 30 September 2019
- Standard registration deadline 1 October 2019 – 24 January 2020
- LATE registration deadline 25 January 2020 - 12 February 2020
- Accommodation booking deadline Friday 20 December 2019