The AAOCS Student Travel Award
This competitive award from the AAOCS recognises and encourages original research by student AOCS members. (Membership is free for students, so why haven’t you joined already?)
To be eligible, the applicant must be an AOCS student member (preferably an AAOCS member) who is currently undertaking a PhD with an accredited University within Australia or New Zealand, or be within 1-year of receiving their PhD.
The award provides generous financial support (up to $1,500 AUD) to contribute to the costs of the recipient attending the 2020 World Congress on Oils and Fats & ISF Lectureship Series to be held in Sydney, Australia from 9-12 February 2020
The winner(s) must have original research to present at the meeting and will be selected by an expert AAOCS committee, on the basis of the abstract’s scientific quality and originality.
The winner of the award will be required to provide a short report after attending the conference for the AAOCS newsletter and Facebook page.
Applications close 10 August 2019. Remember, WCOF abstracts are open now closing Friday 12 July 2019.
AAOCS Student Travel Award Details
- The aim of this award is to recognise and encourage original research by student AOCS members and support participation at the World Congress Oils and Fats in Sydney.
- The target group is student AOCS members.
- A candidate must:
- be an AOCS member, who is a PhD candidate or has a PhD that was awarded within the previous twelve months;
- have studied in Australia or New Zealand;
- have original research to present at the AOCS conference; and
- submit an abstract and attend the 2020 World Congress on Oils and Fats & ISF Lectureship Series to be held in Sydney, Australia from 9-12 February 2020 http://wcofsydney2020.com/ .
- please note: abstract submission must be received by WCOF by 12 July2019
- research quality of the abstract;
- quality of the biography;
- a statement on the significance and impact of the science to the related field.
- A copy of the abstract submitted to AOCS for a presentation at the 2020 WCOF conference (see here for info);
- A 250 word statement of the significance and impact of the science to the related field by the nominated abstract;
- The applicant’s CV (2 pages only); and
- A biography of approximately 200 words which may be used in publicity.
All items must be must be combined into ONE PDF file with the title “yoursurname.pdf”
Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “AAOCS Student Travel Award 2019”
Remember: the deadline is 10 August 2019.
- The Awards Committee* shall evaluate the applications and submit their ranking to the president who will collate and submit the rank order and will make a recommendation to the AAOCS committee, who will vote on this recommendation. If there is no suitable submissions the award will not be awarded.
- If there are two applications which the committee cannot separate, we retain the right to share the award prize across both submissions.
* The Awards Committee for AAOCS Student Travel Award shall consist of AAOCS committee members and/or other invited experts selected by the AAOCS committee.Download Checklist
- Call for abstracts open Monday 11 February 2019
- Registration open 1 May 2019
- Abstract submission deadline Friday 12 July 2019
- Abstract notifications23 August 2019
- Early bird registration closes30 September 2019
- Speaker /Presenter registration deadline Monday 30 September 2019
- Standard registration deadline 1 October 2019 – 24 January 2020
- LATE registration deadline 25 January 2020 - 12 February 2020
- Accommodation booking deadline Friday 20 December 2019