Nu-Mega Student Travel Award
This competitive award from the Nu-Mega recognises and encourages original research by two students.
To be eligible, the applicant must be an AAOCS student member who is currently undertaking a PhD with an accredited University in Australia and must have original research to present at the 2020 World Congress on Oils and Fats (WCOF) in Sydney. The winners will be selected based on the abstract’s scientific quality and originality, quality of the biography and a statement on the significance and impact of the science to the related field.
The award provides $500 AUD financial support to contribute to the costs of the recipient attending the WCOF from February 9-12, 2020.
The winner of the award will be required to provide a short report after attending the conference for the Nu-Mega newsletter.
Applications open on Monday 2 September 2019 and close on Thursday 31 October. Remember WCOF abstracts notification period is 19-23 August 2019.
Nu-Mega Student Travel Award Details
A candidate must
- be an AAOCS member,
- be a current PhD student in Australia
- have original research to present (poster/oral) at WCOF2020
- work on an omega-3 related project (preferably high DHA) or lipid in infancy and childhood
There is no application form; however, applicants should submit the following:
- Abstract (open on Monday 2 September 2019)
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages)
- A biography of approximately 200 words which may be used in publicity
- A supporting letter from the scientific supervisor validating the purpose of the study
All items must be combined into ONE PDF file with the title “yoursurname.pdf”
Applications should be emailed to: Dr Samaneh Ghasemi Fard (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: “Nu-Mega Student Travel Award”
Remember: Deadline October 31, 2019.
- Call for abstracts open Monday 11 February 2019
- Registration open 1 May 2019
- Abstract submission deadline Wednesday 31 July 2019
- Abstract notifications23 August 2019
- Early bird registration closes30 September 2019
- Speaker /Presenter registration deadline Monday 30 September 2019
- Standard registration deadline 1 October 2019 – 24 January 2020
- LATE registration deadline 25 January 2020 - 12 February 2020
- Accommodation booking deadline Friday 20 December 2019