Dr Rodney MailerCongress Chair
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to be a part of the 2020 World Congress on Oils and Fats & ISF Lectureship Series to be held in Sydney, Australia from 9-12 February 2020.
Australia last hosted the World Congress on Fats and Oils in Sydney in conjunction with the ISF Lectureship Series in 2009.
The Congress attracts a large number of participants from all parts of the world,
- connecting research scientists and industry involved in edible oils and their by-products
- providing a platform for young and developing researchers by facilitating the presentation and discussion of papers, networking and recognition;
- and disseminating the latest research on fats and oils and related products.
A wide range of topics will be addressed including oil production, processing & nutrition, olive oil and marine oils as well as presentations on related products including animal nutrition and surfactants. It is expected that over 500 delegates will attend ensuring a diverse range of interests.
The ISF Lectureship Series is a biennial event held in conjunction with a major global oils and fats research meeting. This is only the second time Australia has been invited to host these lectures, and as always will include a plenary lecture by the winner of the 2020 Kauffman Award, to be announced closer to the date.
The 2020 Congress will be held at the brand new International Convention Centre in Sydney and promises to be an outstanding event with some outstanding speakers and a high-quality social and accompanying person’s program to match.
Sydney is one of the most beautiful and dynamic cities in the world. With its vibrant multicultural society and natural beauty, Sydney offers a rich tapestry of experiences at cafés, shops, bars and world class restaurants as well as some of the best and most inspiring arts, culture and natural environments to be found anywhere in Australia.
Sydney is a city that is alive with opportunity and makes it a great place to visit.
This dynamic, accessible and safe city is just waiting to be explored – We look forward to seeing you in Sydney in 2020 for what promises to be an exciting and interesting Congress.
- Call for abstracts open Monday 11 February 2019
- Registration open 1 May 2019
- Abstract submission deadline Wednesday 31 July 2019
- Abstract notifications23 August 2019
- Early bird registration closes30 September 2019
- Speaker /Presenter registration deadline Monday 30 September 2019
- Standard registration deadline 1 October 2019 – 24 January 2020
- LATE registration deadline 25 January 2020 - 12 February 2020
- Accommodation booking deadline Friday 20 December 2019